Black Gold Lily
- SKU: 89862
- Zones: 3-8
- Height: 24 - 36 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Late spring to early summer
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 3Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Black Gold Lily
- Botanical NameLilium 'Lion Heart'
- Ships As14-16 CM BULB
- Height24 - 36 inches
- Spacing9 - 12 inches
- Spread9 - 12 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionblack
- Foliage TypeNarrow, lance-shaped leaves 3 - 4" long, green.
- Bloom TimeLate spring to early summer
- Flower Form3" to 6" Upfacing flat flower
- Soil RequirementsPrefers well-drained soil but will tolerate heavier soils.
- Growth RateModerate
- PruningDon't remove leaves until they have died down in fall. They help provide nourishment to the bulb for next season's blooms. Faded flowers can be removed after blooming time. Late fall, after flowering
- Winter CareProvide a layer of much for winter protection.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPlant 4 - 6" deep because lily bulbs develop roots along the stem just above the bulb. Mulch is beneficial to keep soil moist and cool.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2018 Spring Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-4B||5/7/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/8/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/8/18|
|6A||3/12/18 - 6/8/18|
|6B||3/5/18 - 6/8/18|
|7A-7B||2/26/18 - 6/8/18|
|8A-8B||2/19/18 - 5/18/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/18/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 14th, 2018
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.