- SKU: 00349
- Zones: 4-9
- Height: 24 - 36 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Midsummer to early fall
For each offer ordered, get 3Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
- Botanical NameRudbeckia fulgida var. Sullivantii 'Goldsturm'
- Ships AsNO. 2 BAREROOT
- Height24 - 36 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionyellow
- Foliage TypeCoarse, dark green, oblong to lanceolate leaves.
- Bloom TimeMidsummer to early fall
- Flower Form3-4" daisylike flowers have golden-yellow petals and an attractive, brownish-black center cone.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, average garden soil.
- Growth RateModerate to fast
- PruningRemove spent flowers to encourage repeat blooming. After flowering.
- Winter CareNone, except to mulch the first winter, especially in areas where plants may heave from the ground due to alternating freezing and thawing temperatures. Remove the mulch early in spring, before the new growth starts.
- Additional InformationAt the end of summer, leave seed heads on the plant to provide winter interest, and food for small birds. The Perennial Plant Association 1999 Perennial Plant of the Year.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Work soil in and around roots, firm well and water thoroughly.
- Deer Resistant
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
2018 Fall Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-6B||9/4/18 - 11/02/18|
|7A-10B||9/4/18 - 11/16/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-6: 10/29/2018
Zones 7-10: 11/12/2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|