- SKU: 70818
- Zones: 3-8
- Height: 20 - 24 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Late spring to early summer
For each offer ordered, get 25Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
- Botanical NameAllium sphaerocephalon
- Ships As4-5 CM BULB
- Height20 - 24 inches
- Spacing2 - 4 inches
- Spread2 - 4 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionpurple
- Foliage TypeLinear, medium green, basal leaves.
- Bloom TimeLate spring to early summer
- Flower FormOvoid umbels 1" across of up to 40 tightly packed bell-shaped flowers.
- Soil RequirementsLoosen soil about 10" and water well after planting.
- Growth RateModerate
- PruningLet foliage die down naturally allowing the bulb to store energy for next year's blooms.
- Winter CareMulch +/- 2".
- Additional InformationConsider planting with later blooming perennials as the bulbs do dormant for the rest of the growing season and they could hide the yellowing foliage of the bulbs.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI ID PR WA
- Planting Instructions3 - 6" deep and 2 - 4" apart.
- Deer Resistant
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2018 Fall Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-6B||9/4/18 - 11/02/18|
|7A-10B||9/4/18 - 11/16/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-6: 10/29/2018
Zones 7-10: 11/12/2018
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.