- SKU: 70818
- Zones: 3-8
- Height: 20 - 24 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Late spring to early summer
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 25Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
- Botanical NameAllium sphaerocephalon
- Ships As4-5 CM BULB
- Height20 - 24 inches
- Spacing2 - 4 inches
- Spread2 - 4 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionpurple
- Foliage TypeLinear, medium green, basal leaves.
- Bloom TimeLate spring to early summer
- Flower FormOvoid umbels 1" across of up to 40 tightly packed bell-shaped flowers.
- Soil RequirementsLoosen soil about 10" and water well after planting.
- Growth RateModerate
- PruningLet foliage die down naturally allowing the bulb to store energy for next year's blooms.
- Winter CareMulch +/- 2".
- Additional InformationConsider planting with later blooming perennials as the bulbs do dormant for the rest of the growing season and they could hide the yellowing foliage of the bulbs.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI ID PR WA
- Planting Instructions3 - 6" deep and 2 - 4" apart.
- Deer Resistant
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
Fall 2018 Shipping Schedule
All Bareroot & Potted
|1A-6B||9/4/18 - 11/2/18||10/29/2018|
|7A-10B||9/4/18 - 11/16/18||11/12/2018|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|