Fire Island Hosta
Fascinating Vigorous Color!
We ship this item in Spring
- SKU: 89856
- Zones: 3-9
- Height: 10 - 14 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Mid summer
Packed 1 per offer
Fire Island Hosta
- Botanical NameHosta 'Fire Island'
- Ships AsNO. 1 BAREROOT
- Height10 - 14 inches
- Spacing15 - 30 inches
- Spread15 - 30 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Shade, Partial Shade
- Foliage TypeThe broadly ovate leaves has an unique chartreuse (yellow) foliage and red stems.
- Bloom TimeMid summer
- Flower FormBell shaped flowers
- Soil RequirementsWell drained, humus rich garden soil.
- Growth RateModerate
- PruningRemove spent flower stems to tidy up the plants for the rest of the growing season. After flowering.
- Winter CareNone, except to mulch for the first winter. Remove promptly in early spring.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Firm soil around roots and water in well.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2019 Spring Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-4B||4/29/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A-6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A-7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A-8B||2/18/19 - 5/24/19|
|9A-10B||2/11/19 - 5/24/19|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 17th, 2019
Zones 8-10: May 20th, 2019
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.