Hardy Banana Tree
Withstands temperatures as low as -20°F
We ship this item in Spring
- SKU: 67117
- Zones: 5-10
- Height: 8 - 10 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun
- Bloom Time: Summer
Send me an email when this item is available
Packed 1 per offer
Hardy Banana Tree
- Botanical NameMusa basjoo
- Ships As3" POT
- Height8 - 10 feet
- Spacing8 - 10 feet
- Spread8 - 10 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Color Descriptionyellow
- Foliage TypeOblong-lance-shaped bright green leaf blades 10 foot long.
- Bloom TimeSummer
- Flower FormPale yellow to cream flowers 3/4 to 1 1/4" long with large brown bracts in terminal spikes.
- Soil RequirementsHumus rich soil.
- Growth RateModerate
- PruningNone necessary, only to remove damaged branches.
- Winter CareIn maritime Northwest and other mild winter regions, mulching is usually not required. In the north provide deep mulching to protect over winter.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- FruitUnpalatable yellowish green fruit 2 1/2" long with black seeds in white pulp
- Planting InstructionsProvide full sun and a sheltered position away from strong winds which tend to shred the leaves especially the soft new growth.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
|1A-6B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|7A-10B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19|
|Last Order Date||June 3rd|
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.