Karl Rosenfield Peony
Huge, Fragrant Blooms Lure Pollinators
- SKU: 02675
- Zones: 3-7
- Height: 24 - 30 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun
- Bloom Time: Early summer
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Karl Rosenfield Peony
- Botanical NamePaeonia lactiflora Karl Rosenfield
- Ships As2-3 EYE BAREROOT
- Height24 - 30 inches
- Spacing24 - 36 inches
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Color Descriptionred
- Foliage TypeGlossy, deep green foliage that is very attractive and ornamental throughout the growing season. The new growth in spring is burgundy colored and turns a soft yellow in the fall.
- Bloom TimeEarly summer
- Flower FormLarge double blooms with frothy petals
- Soil RequirementsWell drained, humus enriched, moisture retentive
- Growth RateSlow
- PruningRemove spent flower stems after flowering. After all foliage has died off trim to the ground.
- Winter CareNone, except to mulch the first winter if fall planted. Remove early in spring before growth starts.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsIt is very important to plant with the eye(s) 1 - 2" below the soil level. If they are planted too deeply, poor flowering will result
- Deer Resistant
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
Fall 2018 Shipping Schedule
All Bareroot & Potted
|1A-6B||9/4/18 - 11/2/18||10/29/2018|
|7A-10B||9/4/18 - 11/16/18||11/12/2018|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|