Saffron Fall Crocus
Grow Your Own Saffron Spice
We ship this item in Fall
- SKU: 70584
- Zones: 5-8
- Height: 3 - 6 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Late summer to Fall
Packed 10 per offer
Saffron Fall Crocus
- Botanical NameCrocus sativus
- Ships As7-8 CM BULB
- Height3 - 6 inches
- Spacing6 inches
- Spread6 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionpurple
- Foliage TypeGrassy green blades
- Bloom TimeLate summer to Fall
- Flower FormEach bulb produces on flower with three stigmas.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained soil.
- Growth RateMedium
- PruningNo pruning needed.
- Winter CareHardy down to -15F
- Additional InformationThe stigmas are used as a seasoning agent in cooking.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPlant in well drained soil 3-5" deep and 6" apart.
- Deer Resistant
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2019 Fall Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-6B||9/9/19 - 11/1/19|
|7A-10B||9/9/19 - 11/15/19|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-6: 10/28/19
Zones 7-10: 11/11/19
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.