Autumn Blaze Maple
Grown for Fiery Fall Color
We ship this item in Spring
- SKU: 64649
- Zones: 3-8
- Height: 40 - 60 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Fall
Packed 1 per offer
Autumn Blaze Maple
- Botanical NameAcer x freemanii
- Ships As2-3' BAREROOT
- Height40 - 60 feet
- Spacing40 - 50 feet
- Spread40 - 50 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionred, orange
- Foliage TypeReddish tint during the spring with summer foliage appearing medium to dark green.
- Bloom TimeFall
- Soil RequirementsMoist and well-drained. Soil that is acidic is prefereable.
- Growth RateFast (three or more feet/year with optimial conditions)
- PruningDue to the uniform growth, this maple requires little to no pruning. If pruning seems necessary, avoid pruning during the spring to reduce losing sap.
- Winter CareRecommend using tree guards in winter to protect younger trees. The thin brark is more susceptible to frost, cracks and sunscald
- State RestrictionsAE AK CT GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPlant in large areas that receive a lot of sunlight.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
|ZONE||Trees > 24"|
|1A-4B||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B-6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A & 7B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A-10B||2/11/19 - 5/24/19|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 17th
Zones 8-10: May 20th
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.