A hummingbird magnet
We ship this item in Spring
- SKU: 74109
- Zones: 10-11
- Height: 10 - 12 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Summer to first frost in fall.
Send me an email when this item is available
Packed 1 per offer
- Botanical NameFuchsia 'Autumnale'
- Ships As3" POT
- Height10 - 12 inches
- Spacing10 - 18 inches
- Spread10 - 18 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Shade, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionred
- Foliage TypeYellow-green variegated f oliage that turns coppery red in late summer
- Bloom TimeSummer to first frost in fall.
- Flower FormTripphylla group - single blooms with long tubular section.
- Soil RequirementsMoist, well drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate
- PruningCut back to encourage more branching and flowering. Light shearing midway through the growing season will encourage blooming.
- Winter CareOverwinter in a greenhouse or cool garage with minimal soil moisture. Set outside again after last spring frost.
- Additional InformationA fertilizer application midway through the growing season will encourage more blooming.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPlace them outdoors in a protected area in partial shade. Will tolerate full sun but thrives in partial shade, especially in the South.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
|1A-6B||4/29/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A-10B||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date||June 17, 2019|
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.