Big Red Hardy Hibiscus
Blooms up to 12" Across!
- SKU: 65357
- Zones: 4-9
- Height: 4 - 5 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Mid summer until frost.
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Big Red Hardy Hibiscus
- Botanical NameHibiscus Moscheutos 'Big Red'
- Ships As2" POT
- Height4 - 5 feet
- Spacing24 - 48 inches
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionred
- Foliage TypeLong, deeply lobed and dissected foliage. Dark green with a coppery red to purple cast. Red-purple stems.
- Bloom TimeMid summer until frost.
- Flower FormLarge, 8 - 12" diameter blooms that are open saucer-shaped with overlapping petals. Prominent pistil and stamen centers.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained, but moist soil.
- Growth RateMedium
- PruningNone necessary.
- Winter CareImportant to mulch for the first winter until plants are established in their new home. Remove the following spring before new growth starts.
- Additional InformationHibiscus are late to arrive in spring. Don't give up, they love to wait until the ground temperatures are nice and warm before appearing in late spring. They grow rapidly, making up for lost time quickly.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsFull sun for best flowering.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2018 Fall Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-6B||9/4/18 - 11/02/18|
|7A-10B||9/4/18 - 11/16/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-6: 10/29/2018
Zones 7-10: 11/12/2018
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.