Colorful ground cover
- SKU: 69387
- Zones: 5-9
- Height: 10 - 14 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Mid through late spring
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
- Botanical NameEpimedium rubrum
- Ships AsBAREROOT
- Height10 - 14 inches
- Spacing8 inches
- Spread8 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Shade, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionred
- Foliage TypeColorful leaves are bronzy-pink in spring, green in summer and bronze in fall.
- Bloom TimeMid through late spring
- Soil RequirementsAverage to organically enriched, medium moist, well-drained soil
- Growth RateModerate
- PruningEpimedium is a tough plant that will survive in nearly any shady location. Though it prefers rich, moist, woodland soils with a neutral to slightly acidic pH, it will adapt to a wide range of conditions. It will even grow under large, thirsty trees. This plant is a slow spreader, so mulching around
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPlant with 1" - 2" of soil above the buds. Firm and water well
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
|1A-4B||5/7/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/8/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/8/18|
|6A||3/12/18 - 6/8/18|
|6B||3/5/18 - 6/8/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/8/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/18/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/18/18|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 4th
Zones 8-10: May 14th
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|