Black Hens And Chicks
- SKU: 63346
- Height: 4 - 6 inches
- Bloom Time: Mid Summer
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Black Hens And Chicks
- Botanical NameSempervivum 'Black'
- Ships As2" POT
- Height4 - 6 inches
- Spacing4 - 6 inches
- Spread4 - 6 inches
- Color Descriptionred
- Foliage TypeRosettes gray-green with dusty rose leaf tips
- Bloom TimeMid Summer
- Flower FormFlower-like clusters of varying sized rosettes
- Soil RequirementsWater plants thoroughly after planting or transplanting, then allow soil to dry slightly between each watering. Well drained soil. Water when soil is mostly dry.
- Growth RateFast
- PruningNo need to prune
- Winter CareNo additional winter care is needed if planted in the ground. If planted in containers, move indoors or to a cool garage.
- Additional InformationHens, the larger rosettes, generally only live for three years before they die,they produce a center stalk that flowers. Once the flower fades the rosette dies. The empty spot is quickly fill with chicks.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPlant in sandy soil at the same depth of the pot.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2018 Fall Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-5B||9/4/18 - 11/02/18|
|6A-10B||9/4/18 - 11/16/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-5: 10/29/2018
Zones 6-10: 11/12/2018
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.