Black Lace Elderberry
Birds flock to its berries
We ship this item in Fall
- SKU: 60782
- Zones: 4-7
- Height: 6 - 8 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Early summer (June-July)
- Ships As: 1 GALLON
- Cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI OR PR
Send me an email when this item is available
Packed 1 per offer
Black Lace Elderberry
- Botanical NameSambucus nigra 'Eva' PP#15,575
- Ships As1 GALLON
- Height6 - 8 feet
- Spacing6 - 8 feet
- Spread6 - 8 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionpink
- Foliage TypePinnate, usually 5 leaflets with serrated edges. Young foliage starts out pale green with a hint of purple before turning a dark purple.
- Bloom TimeEarly summer (June-July)
- Flower FormFlat umbel-like cymes up to 8" across made up of dozens of tiny star-like flowers.
- Soil RequirementsMoist, well drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate to fast.
- PruningCan spread by suckering, remove to control growth, also prune to almost ground level in late fall to keep in nice shape and size. Late fall or early spring.
- Winter CareNone special.
- Additional InformationAccording to the Humane Society of America, elderberry can be toxic to pets if consumed.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI OR PR
- Planting InstructionsLeaf color is best planted in full sun.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2019 Fall Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-6B||9/9/19 - 11/1/19|
|7A-10B||9/9/19 - 11/15/19|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-6: 10/28/19
Zones 7-10: 11/11/19
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.