Blatant Reblooming Bearded Iris
Blooms Keep Coming
We ship this item in Fall
- SKU: 75040
- Zones: 4-9
- Height: 36 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Early, midseason and late flowering. Reblooms late summer/fall (Mid to late spring with reblooming in late summer to fall.)
Send me an email when this item is available
Packed 1 per offer
Blatant Reblooming Bearded Iris
- Botanical NameIris germanica 'Blatant'
- Ships AsNO. 1 BAREROOT
- Height36 inches
- Spacing24 inches
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionred, yellow
- Foliage TypeGlaucous-green, sword-like fans of stiff upright leaves.
- Bloom TimeEarly, midseason and late flowering. Reblooms late summer/fall (Mid to late spring with reblooming in late summer to fall.)
- Flower Form5.5-6" ruffled, iris-like flowers.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained. Quite tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- Growth RateFast once established.
- PruningRemove spent flower stems after blooming. In late fall; cut back foliage to 6" fans. Clean plant debris before winter to prevent borers overwintering.
- Winter CareMulch in colder climates and remove in early spring before growth starts.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsSet rhizome so bottom half is below ground level. Firm well and water thoroughly. Plant where they will get at least 5 hours of sun per day.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2018 Fall Shipping Schedule
|1A-6B||8/13/2018 – 11/02/2018|
|7A||8/13/18 - 11/16/18|
|7B-10B||8/20/18 - 11/16/18|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-6: 10/29/2018
Zones 7-10: 11/12/2018
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.