Grown for Unique Form
We ship this item in Spring
- SKU: 67730
- Zones: 8-10
- Height: 18 - 24 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Summer
Send me an email when this item is available
Packed 1 per offer
- Botanical NameScadoxus multiflorus
- Ships As18+ CM BULB
- Height18 - 24 inches
- Spacing6 - 10 inches
- Spread15 - 18 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionred
- Foliage TypeOblong leaves up to 12" long in a spiral arrangement. Waxy in appearance.
- Bloom TimeSummer
- Flower FormSperical blooms made up of hundreds of tiny red florets.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained, humus enriched.
- Growth RateModerate to fast.
- Winter CareDig up for winter storage in zones north of zone 8. Place in a frost free unheated garage until it can be replanted the following spring.
- Additional InformationBulb part is poisonous, so rodents and deer avoid this plant.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsFull sun to partial shade location in well-drained soil.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2019 Spring Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-4B||4/29/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A-6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A-7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A-8B||2/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A-10B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 17, 2019
Zones 8-10: June 17, 2019
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.