Blue Bird Rose of Sharon
Incredibly Beautiful and Intense- Colored Flowers
- SKU: 65985
- Zones: 4-9
- Height: 6 - 8 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Midsummer to frost
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Blue Bird Rose of Sharon
- Botanical NameHibiscus syriacus 'Bluebird'
- Ships As4" POT
- Height6 - 8 feet
- Spacing6 - 8 feet
- Spread6 - 8 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionblue
- Foliage TypeStrong green, maple-like, deeply toothed along margins. Foliage appears in mid spring.
- Bloom TimeMidsummer to frost
- Flower FormOpen, saucer-shaped flowers, 3 - 5" across, have overlapping petals.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil. Very tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- Growth RateMedium
- PruningPrune to shape or rejuvenate an old plant. Remove dead or broken branches. Early spring to midsummer.
- Winter CareMulch first winter in northern areas. Avoid areas with excessive soil moisture.
- Additional InformationDoes best in full sun. Will tolerate light shade but will not flower as well.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsSet at the same level it is growing at in the container. Firm soil well and water thoroughly.
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
|1A-4B||5/7/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/8/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/8/18|
|6A||3/12/18 - 6/8/18|
|6B||3/5/18 - 6/8/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/8/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/18/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/18/18|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 4th
Zones 8-10: May 14th
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|