Bonfire Patio Peach Tree
Stunning little ornamental
We ship this item in Spring
- SKU: 64340
- Zones: 5-8
- Height: 5 - 7 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun
- Bloom Time: Mid to late spring.
Packed 1 per offer
Bonfire Patio Peach Tree
- Botanical NamePrunus persica 'Bonfire'
- Ships As12-18" BAREROOT
- Height5 - 7 feet
- Spacing4 - 6 feet
- Spread4 - 6 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Color Descriptionpink
- Foliage Type3 - 6" long lanceolate, slightly serrated on the edges, emerge red in spring and change to deep burgundy for the summer. Light orange/yellow tint occurs in fall.
- Bloom TimeMid to late spring.
- Flower FormVery Showy blossoms, nearly cover the branches.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained, organic enriched sandy loam.
- Growth RateModerate.
- PruningPrune after most of freezing weather has past, but before tree leafs out - late winter to very early spring. Prune to shape
- Winter CareFor trees kept in containers in zone 5 and 6, once the leaves drop in the fall, the container and tree should be kept moist and moved to an unheated garage for the winter.
- Additional InformationThis tree does produce fruit, but it is generally not eaten fresh/raw. The fruit works very well in pies or for canning.
- State RestrictionsAE AK AL AR CA CO GU HI ID LA MS OR PR WA
- Planting InstructionsPlant at the same level as the soil so the crown of the plant is even with the soil level. Don't bury the crown.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2019 Spring Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-4B||4/29/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A-6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A-7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A-8B||2/18/19 - 5/24/19|
|9A-10B||2/11/19 - 5/24/19|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 17th, 2019
Zones 8-10: May 20th, 2019
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.