Bowl of Beauty Peony
Eye-Catching Shape and Hues
- SKU: 62235
- Zones: 3-8
- Height: 24 - 36 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: May
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Bowl of Beauty Peony
- Botanical NamePaeonia 'Bowl of Beauty'
- Ships As2-3 EYE BAREROOT
- Height24 - 36 inches
- Spacing24 - 36 inches
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionpink
- Foliage TypeGlossy, deep green leaves that are very ornamental throughout the growing season. New growth in spring is a copper-burgundy color.
- Bloom TimeMay
- Flower FormLarge, bowl-shaped flowers. Several rows of broad outer petals curve around numerous densely arranged narrow petaloids.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, humus-enriched, moisture-retentive soil.
- Growth RateSlow to moderate
- PruningRemove spent flowers after bloom. Cut foliage to the ground and remove from the garden in fall after frost.
- Winter CareMulch the first winter, to prevent plants from heaving from the ground during periods of freezing and thawing weather. Remove the mulch early in spring, before new growth emerges.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPlant with eyes 1-2" below the soil surface. Firm soil around the roots and water thoroughly. Planting too deep will result in poor flowering.
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
2018 Fall Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-6B||9/4/18 - 11/02/18|
|7A-10B||9/4/18 - 11/16/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-6: 10/29/2018
Zones 7-10: 11/12/2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|