Carolina Sweetheart Redbud
"Nothing else on the planet like this" –Dr. Tom Ranney, NC State University
- SKU: 06939
- Zones: 6-9
- Height: 20 - 30 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Early-mid spring
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Carolina Sweetheart Redbud
- Botanical NameCercis canadensis 'NCCC1'
- Ships As2-4' BAREROOT
- Height20 - 30 feet
- Spread25 - 30 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionpurple
- Foliage TypeBeautiful heart shaped variegated leaves when young. Mid green glossy when young. 3" - 5" across
- Bloom TimeEarly-mid spring
- Flower FormTypical bean/pea like flowers
- Soil RequirementsRich woodsy soil with plenty of organic matter.
- Growth RateModerate, rapid in first few years. 7' -10' in 5 to 6 years
- PruningDoes not need it
- Winter CareWinter mulch for first 2 - 3 years
- Additional InformationA flat lopped tree with a rounded crown. Ideal for small gardens or small areas such as terraces and patios. Flowers at a young age 4 - 6 years.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPlant as any bare root tree.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
|ZONE||Trees > 24"|
|1A-4B||4/2/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A||3/19/18 - 6/8/18|
|5B-6B||3/5/18 - 6/8/18|
|7A & 7B||2/12/18 - 6/8/18|
|8A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/18/18|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 4th
Zones 8-10: May 14th
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.