Catawba Hardy Crape Myrtle
Vivid Summer Color
- SKU: 69214
- Zones: 7-9
- Height: 6 - 15 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun
- Bloom Time: Early to late summer.
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Catawba Hardy Crape Myrtle
- Botanical NameLagerstroemia indica 'Catawba'
- Ships As2" POT
- Height6 - 15 feet
- Spacing10 - 15 feet
- Spread14 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Color Descriptionpurple
- Foliage TypeDeciduous, glossy, green foliage. Foliage has bronzy cast in spring, bright green in summer, orange-red in the fall. Mildew resistant.
- Bloom TimeEarly to late summer.
- Flower FormMany small flowers bloom in terminal panicles on the current season's growth.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, organically rich, moisture retentive soil. Becomes more drought tolerant with age.
- Growth RateModerate.
- PruningThin young trees in late winter to early spring. Make sure to leave 3-7 main trunks or canopy branches. Older trees prune only to remove suckers that have emerged from main trunks or ground. Prune in winter.
- Winter CareMulch in cooler climates and remove in early spring before new growth starts.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPerforms best in full sun. Set plant at the same level it is growing at in the container, firm soil and water thoroughly.
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
|1A-4B||5/7/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|6A||3/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/18/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/18/18|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 18th
Zones 8-10: May 14th
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|