Citrus Key Lime Tree
Grow fresh citrus fruit at home.
- SKU: 66621
- Zones: 9-10
- Height: 4 - 6 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun
- Bloom Time: Seasonal bloomer - may harvest in summer
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Citrus Key Lime Tree
- Botanical NameCitrus aurantifolia
- Ships As2" POT
- Height4 - 6 feet
- Spacing4 - 6 feet
- Spread4 - 6 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Color Descriptionyellow
- Foliage TypeOvate leaves
- Bloom TimeSeasonal bloomer - may harvest in summer
- Flower Form1 inch in diameter. Fruit is spherical fruit 1-2 inches in diameter that is yellow when ripe but can be picked green.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soils.
- Growth RateSlow
- PruningNo pruning needed.
- Winter CareWinter hardy zones 9-11. Northern zones plant in a container as a houseplant. Set container outdoors in late spring in full sun. Indoor plants will bear fruit in the spring.
- Additional InformationFruit production is at its peak in late autumn to early winter in cooler climates.
- State RestrictionsAE AK AZ CA FL GU HI LA PR SC TX
- FruitLime, oval greenish, seeded
- Planting InstructionsSet place at same level it is growing at in the container. Firm soil and water thoroughly. Vigorous grower that requires good fertilization practices and ample amounts of water to produce fruit year around.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
|1A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|7A-10B||4/2/18 - 6/8/18|
|Last Order Date||June 4th|
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.