Tea Cup Elephant Ear
Contrasting Colors Shine in Sunlight
- SKU: 73716
- Zones: 3-10
- Height: 5 - 6 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Foliage from June till first frost
Packed 1 per offer
Tea Cup Elephant Ear
- Botanical NameColocasia esculenta 'Tea Cup'
- Ships As7-9" BULB
- Lift In Fall3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Height5 - 6 feet
- Spacing36 - 60 inches
- Spread36 - 60 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Foliage TypeLarge, shiny green leaves with an upright habit, forming a tea cup-like form which holds water
- Bloom TimeFoliage from June till first frost
- Flower FormInsignificant spathes
- Soil RequirementsDeep, moisture-retentive soils. They are heavy feeders.
- Growth RateFast
- Winter CareLift in fall if you live in zones 3-8 for winter storage. Replant the following spring after frosts are over.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting Instructions2 - 4" below soil level. Keep well watered. It is best to mulch if not grown in standing water.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
|1A-6B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|7A-10B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19|
|Last Order Date||June 3rd|
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.