Color Guard Yucca
Striking Bicolor Foliage
- SKU: 71713
- Zones: 4-10
- Height: 24 - 48 inches
- Bloom Time: Early to midsummer.
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Color Guard Yucca
- Botanical NameYucca filamentosa 'Color Guard'
- Ships As1 GALLON POT
- Height24 - 48 inches
- Spacing24 - 36 inches
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Color Descriptionwhite
- Foliage TypeEvergreen, sword-like foliage with a creamy-gold center and green margins. Curly, white threads are found along the leaf margins. The gold center intensifies in summer.
- Bloom TimeEarly to midsummer.
- Flower FormTerminal panicles of nodding, bell-shaped flowers on 5 - 6' flower stalks.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, light soil. Performs well in poor, sandy soil.
- Growth RateModerate.
- PruningRemove spent flower stalks and any dead or unattractive foliage. After flowering.
- Winter CareNone, except to mulch around the crown the first winter, if planted in fall. Remove mulch in early spring.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPerforms best and has best coloring in full sun. Set plant at the same level it is growing at in the container. Firm soil well and water thoroughly.
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
|1A-4B||5/7/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|6A||3/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/18/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/18/18|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 18th
Zones 8-10: May 14th
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|