Dahlia High Contrast Duo
High contrast for maximum effect
- SKU: 72584
- Zones: 4-9
- Height: 32 - 40 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: July - October
For each offer ordered, get 5Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Dahlia High Contrast Duo
- Botanical NameDahlia decorative 'Okapi Sunset', Dahlia semicactus 'Trebbiano'
- Ships AsNO. 1 TUBER
- Lift In Fall4, 5, 6
- Height32 - 40 inches
- Spacing24 - 30 inches
- Spread24 - 30 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionmixed
- Foliage TypeMid green, pinnate leaves with ovate leaflets.
- Bloom TimeJuly - October
- Flower FormFully double blooms approximately 8 - 10" across.
- Soil RequirementsSandy well drained soil. Will tolerate a wide range of soils except heavy clay.
- Growth RateModerate to fast.
- PruningRemove spent flower heads to encourage more blooms and create a more bushy plant.
- Winter CareDahlias are not hardy. They must be dug up in fall and stored in a frost free location in areas that go below 35 degrees F in winter.
- Additional InformationSnip off side buds to get the largest central blooms. Provide a low nitrogen fertilizer. Avoid compost and high nitrogen water soluble fertilizers, they weaken stems and stunt bloom development.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPlant tubers with sprouts 1 - 2" below the soil surface. Full sun for best flowering.
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
|1A-4B||5/7/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|6A||3/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/18/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/18/18|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 18th
Zones 8-10: May 14th
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|