Delta Blues Chaste Tree
Refined texture and upright habit
- SKU: 66582
- Zones: 6-9
- Height: 8 - 10 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun
- Bloom Time: Mid to late summer
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Delta Blues Chaste Tree
- Botanical NameVitex agnus-castus 'Piivac - II', PPAF
- Ships As4" POT
- Height8 - 10 feet
- Spacing10 feet
- Spread8 - 10 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Color Descriptionpurple
- Foliage TypeDeciduous. 5- or 7-palmate leaves of slender, lanceolate leaflets, slightly toothed, dark green, aromatic. Leaves are grayish on the undersides.
- Bloom TimeMid to late summer
- Flower FormSlender, terminal panicles of small, tightly packed, tubular, fragrant flowers.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, loose, moist soil.
- Growth RateModerate to fast.
- PruningCan be pruned back hard in late winter to create a desired shape. Remove dead, broken, and weak branches. Remove spent flowers to encourage more. Late winter, when dormant.
- Winter CareOrganic mulch conserves soil moisture and maintains soil temperature.
- Additional InformationOne of the most spectacular small flowering trees for the south. Avoid excessive overhead watering.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPrefers a hot, sunny location. Shelter from cold winter winds in cooler areas. Set plant at the same level it is growing at in the container, firm soil and water thoroughly.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2018 Spring Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-4B||5/7/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/8/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/8/18|
|6A||3/12/18 - 6/8/18|
|6B||3/5/18 - 6/8/18|
|7A-7B||2/26/18 - 6/8/18|
|8A-8B||2/19/18 - 5/18/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/18/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 14th, 2018
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.