Prolific producer of majestic berries
We ship this item in Fall
- SKU: 62270
- Zones: 4-8
- Height: 4 - 6 feet
- Bloom Time: Mid to late spring.
Send me an email when this item is available
Packed 1 per offer
- Botanical NameVaccinium corymbosum 'Duke'
- Ships As1 GALLON
- Height4 - 6 feet
- Spacing5 - 6 feet
- Spread4 - 6 feet
- Color Descriptionwhite
- Foliage TypeDark green, ovate to 3" long.
- Bloom TimeMid to late spring.
- Flower FormSmall, pendulous, bell-shaped.
- Soil RequirementsAcidic, organically rich, moisture retentive, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate.
- PruningRemove heavy old stems, weak stems, stems that grow laterally, and broken branches. After the plants begin bearing fruit, cut back all but 6 - 8 vigorous canes. Winter, before new growth starts in spring.
- Winter CareMulch to protect from winter injury.
- Additional InformationSelf-pollinating.
- State RestrictionsAE AK CA GA GU HI MI OR PR WA
- Planting InstructionsSet plant at the same level it is growing at in the container, firm soil and water thoroughly. Mulch to protect the roots and maintain soil moisture.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2018 Fall Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-5B||9/4/18 - 11/02/18|
|6A-10B||9/4/18 - 11/16/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-5: 10/29/2018
Zones 6-10: 11/12/2018
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.