Dutch Red Anthurium
Bright Indirect Light & Weekly Watering
We ship this item in Spring
- SKU: 69258
- Zones: 2-11
- Height: 15 - 20 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Anthurium bloom year round when cared for properly.
Packed 1 per offer
Dutch Red Anthurium
- Botanical NameAnthurium 'Red'
- Ships As4" POT
- Lift In Fall2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Height15 - 20 inches
- Spread5 - 10 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Shade, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionred
- Foliage TypeBroad, shiny, green leaves.
- Bloom TimeAnthurium bloom year round when cared for properly.
- Flower FormThe flower's spathe looks like one of it's normal leaves but colored red. Extending out of the middle of the spathe is the central spike.
- Soil RequirementsKeep the soil damp, but do not drench the soil. Anthurium do not like continually moist soil and its growth rate will slow down.
- Growth RateModerate
- PruningPrune away discolored and dead leaves as necessary. Cut wilted blooms back to the base of the stem.
- Winter CareSharply reduce watering frequency as the anthurium will be dormant for about 2 months. Keep the plant warm during the winter. It will not tolerate colder temperatures.
- Additional InformationMildly to moderately toxic to pets and humans. Wash hands after handling an anthurium.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsRe-pot when the anthurium's roots fill out its old pot. Plant it at the same soil level it was at before.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
|1A-6B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|7A-10B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19|
|Last Order Date||June 3rd|
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.