- SKU: 69163
- Zones: 7-10
- Height: 8 - 10 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Harvest in mid summer to fall
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
- Botanical NameFicus carica
- Ships As3" POT
- Height8 - 10 feet
- Spacing36 - 60 inches
- Spread36 - 48 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Foliage Type3 to 5 lobed medium green, coarse in texture.
- Bloom TimeHarvest in mid summer to fall
- Flower FormNot noticeable.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained.
- Growth RateModerate
- PruningFig trees typically don't require routine pruning but can be pruned to fit into your space. Prune only a little of the growth off the branches each year until tree reaches desired shape. Harvest figs when fruit turns mature color which is when fruit is soft and droops. It will slip from the tree
- Winter CareMove indoors to a frost free location if your winter temperatures go below 0 degrees F each winter.
- Additional InformationUse Tanglefoot if ants on ripe fruit become a problem. Cover trees with netting if birds become an issue.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPlant at the same level as the soil so the crown of the plant is even with the soil level. Don't bury the crown. Not particular about soil, will take clay-like or sandy as long as it is well drained.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
|1A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|7A-10B||4/2/18 - 6/8/18|
|Last Order Date||June 4th|
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.