Dwarf Fig Tree
- SKU: 70727
- Zones: 7-10
- Height: 8 - 10 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Harvest in mid summer to fall
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Dwarf Fig Tree
- Botanical NameFicus carica
- Ships As2" POT
- Height8 - 10 feet
- Spacing36 - 60 inches
- Spread36 - 48 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Foliage Type3 to 5 lobed medium green, coarse in texture.
- Bloom TimeHarvest in mid summer to fall
- Flower FormNot noticeable.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained.
- Growth RateModerate
- PruningFig trees typically don't require routine pruning but can be pruned to fit into your space. Prune only a little of the growth off the branches each year until tree reaches desired shape. Harvest figs when fruit turns mature color which is when fruit is soft and droops. It will slip from the tree
- Winter CareMove indoors to a frost free location if your winter temperatures go below 0 degrees F each winter.
- Additional InformationUse Tanglefoot if ants on ripe fruit become a problem. Cover trees with netting if birds become an issue.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPlant at the same level as the soil so the crown of the plant is even with the soil level. Don't bury the crown. Not particular about soil, will take clay-like or sandy as long as it is well drained.
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
|1A-4B||5/7/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/8/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/8/18|
|6A||3/12/18 - 6/8/18|
|6B||3/5/18 - 6/8/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/8/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/18/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/18/18|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 4th
Zones 8-10: May 14th
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|