You Won't Find THIS at the Garden Center!
We ship this item in Fall
- SKU: 69256
- Zones: 4-8
- Height: 12 - 36 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Blooms late spring to early summer for approximately a week to a week and a half.
- Ships As: 2-3 EYE BAREROOT
- Cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI PR
Packed 1 per offer
- Botanical NamePaeonia tenuifolia
- Ships As2-3 EYE BAREROOT
- Height12 - 36 inches
- Spacing18 inches
- Spread12 - 24 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionred
- Foliage TypeWispy green fern-like foliage that resembles needles
- Bloom TimeBlooms late spring to early summer for approximately a week to a week and a half.
- Flower FormCup-shaped peonies
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained garden loam enriched with humus such as well rotted manure or compost.
- Growth RateModerate
- PruningPrune spent blooms as they fade away. Cut back after the foliage has died down in the fall.
- Winter CareMulch as needed in colder climates
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsSet eyes (buds) not more than 1 1/2 inches below soil surface; prepare the bed very deeply, incorporating ample compost or cow manure.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2019 Fall Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-6B||9/9/19 - 11/1/19|
|7A-10B||9/9/19 - 11/15/19|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-6: 10/28/19
Zones 7-10: 11/11/19
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.