Flame Calla Lily
An Elegant Cut Flower
- SKU: 66920
- Zones: 3-10
- Height: 16 - 22 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun
- Bloom Time: Early to midsummer.
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Flame Calla Lily
- Botanical NameZantedeschia 'Flame'
- Ships As14-16 CM BULB
- Height16 - 22 inches
- Spacing6 - 8 inches
- Spread6 - 8 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Color Descriptionorange
- Foliage TypeLanceolate, green foliage with white spots. Yellows toward dormancy and with frost.
- Bloom TimeEarly to midsummer.
- Flower FormChalice-shaped or funnel-shaped flowers, 2 - 3" wide.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, humus-enriched soil. Likes to be moist, but not wet. Needs good drainage.
- Growth RateSlow at first, then as temperatures reach 65+ degrees F, rapid growth occurs. Do not overwater when first planted.
- Winter CareIn colder climates dig up the rhizomes in autumn, after first frost, shake off any soil. Allow them to dry out for a few days before storing them in peat moss in a cool,dry area. Replant in Spring once soil has warmed. Lift in zones 3-7 for fall.
- Additional InformationWonderful in cut flower arrangements. One bloom can last for up to 2 weeks. Foliage remains attractive long after the flowers are gone.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsWait until threat of frost has passed and soil has warmed. Plant bulbs in the ground 4" deep with the sprout side up.
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|6A & 6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 18th
Zones 8-10: May 21st
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|