Blue Heaven Hydrangea
We ship this item in Fall
- SKU: 74162
- Zones: 5-9
- Height: 24 - 36 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Early to midsummer until frost
Send me an email when this item is available
Packed 1 per offer
Blue Heaven Hydrangea
- Botanical NameHydrangea macrophylla 'Blue Heaven' PP#18,823
- Ships As1 GALLON POT
- Height24 - 36 inches
- Spacing24 - 36 inches
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionblue, pink
- Foliage TypeRounded, dark green leaves with coarsely toothed edges, upright habit
- Bloom TimeEarly to midsummer until frost
- Flower FormNearly spherical flower heads of numerous sterile flowers.
- Soil RequirementsGrows best in well-drained soil with good organic matter; prefers slightly acidic soil; avoid heavy clay with poor drainage. Check soil weekly for moisture. Water thoroughly when dry
- Growth RateFast
- PruningRemove all dead wood in early spring. After 5 years, prune out one third old wood to the ground each year in early spring to revitalize plant. Remove spent blooms to encourage additional blooms
- Winter CareShould be mulched and protected in the Northern zones.
- Additional InformationSoil with pH level of about 5.2-5.5 will produce blue flowers, soil with pH level of about 6.0-6.2 will produce pink flowers
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsBest in morning sunlight and afternoon shade.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2018 Fall Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-5B||9/4/18 - 11/02/18|
|6A-10B||9/4/18 - 11/16/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-5: 10/29/2018
Zones 6-10: 11/12/2018
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.