Veitch's Blue Globe Thistle
Excellent in Flower Arrangements
- SKU: 60949
- Zones: 3-8
- Height: 30 - 36 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun
- Bloom Time: Early to late summer.
Packed 1 per offer
Veitch's Blue Globe Thistle
- Botanical NameEchinops ritro
- Ships AsNO. 1 BAREROOT
- Height30 - 36 inches
- Spacing20 - 24 inches
- Spread20 - 24 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Color Descriptionblue
- Foliage TypeDark Green that is deeply cut and shaped like lances. Appears as foliage is prickly but underside are downy.
- Bloom TimeEarly to late summer.
- Flower FormLarge 1 1/2 - 2" globes born on grey stems.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained. Once established it is tolerant of a wide range of soils, except wet ones.
- Growth RateModerate.
- PruningDeadhead initial blooms. Once done blooming, cut all flower stalks to the basal foliage and leave to overwinter. Can be divided in early spring by carefully splitting a few offsets of the base of the established clump.
- Winter CareNo winter care needed.
- Additional InformationNone
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting Instructions Dig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Work soil around the roots, firm well and water thoroughly.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2019 Spring Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-4B||4/29/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A-6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A-7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A-8B||2/18/19 - 5/24/19|
|9A-10B||2/11/19 - 5/24/19|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 17th, 2019
Zones 8-10: May 20th, 2019
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.