Glory of the Snow
Sure to Melt Your Winter Cares Away
- SKU: 85507
- Zones: 3-8
- Height: 6 - 10 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: March to May
For each offer ordered, get 25Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Glory of the Snow
- Botanical NameChionodoxa forbesii
- Ships As4-5 CM BULB
- Height6 - 10 inches
- Spacing3 - 6 inches
- Spread3 - 6 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionblue
- Foliage Type2-3 narrow, basal leaves
- Bloom TimeMarch to May
- Flower Form4-10 star-like raceme. Upward facing 6-petaled flower.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate
- PruningLet foliage die down naturally. The leaves provide nourishment for bulbs to produce future growth and blooming.
- Winter CareMulch +/- 2" leave a layer of mulch on during flowering season.
- Additional InformationOne of the first plants to bloom in the Spring. Plant under trees. Tolerate to Black Walnut trees.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPlant 3" deep and 2- 3" apart.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2018 Fall Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-6B||9/4/18 - 11/02/18|
|7A-10B||9/4/18 - 11/16/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-6: 10/29/2018
Zones 7-10: 11/12/2018
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.