Glory of the Snow
Sure to Melt Your Winter Cares Away
- SKU: 85507
- Zones: 3-8
- Height: 6 - 12 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: March to May
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 25Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Glory of the Snow
- Botanical NameChionodoxa forbesii
- Ships As4-5 CM BULB
- Height6 - 12 inches
- Spacing3 - 6 inches
- Spread3 - 6 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionblue
- Foliage Type2-3 narrow, basal leaves
- Bloom TimeMarch to May
- Flower Form4-10 star-like raceme. Upward facing 6-petaled flower.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate
- PruningLet foliage die down naturally. The leaves provide nourishment for bulbs to produce future growth and blooming.
- Winter CareMulch +/- 2" leave a layer of mulch on during flowering season.
- Additional InformationOne of the first plants to bloom in the Spring. Plant under trees. Tolerate to Black Walnut trees.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPlant 3" deep and 2- 3" apart.
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
|1A-4B||5/7/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/8/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/8/18|
|6A||3/12/18 - 6/8/18|
|6B||3/5/18 - 6/8/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/8/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/18/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/18/18|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 4th
Zones 8-10: May 14th
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|