A Fruit Superhero—No Cape Required!
We ship this item in Spring
- SKU: 03173
- Zones: 5-9
- Height: 8 - 10 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun
- Bloom Time: Early summer followed by sporadic blooming the rest of the growing season.
Packed 1 per offer
- Botanical NameLycium barbarum
- Ships AsBAREROOT
- Height8 - 10 feet
- Spacing5 - 8 feet
- Spread8 - 10 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Color DescriptionLavender
- Foliage TypeMedium green to gray green leaves that are oblong to ovate shaped up to 2" in length.
- Bloom TimeEarly summer followed by sporadic blooming the rest of the growing season.
- Flower FormSmall clusters of funnel shaped blooms.
- Soil RequirementsPrefers well drained soil with moderate soil moisture, but will grow in any type of soil.
- Growth RateMedium
- PruningRemove dead or crossed branches in mid-spring. A heavy pruning can be done after fruiting to rejuvenate plants. Mid-spring; or after fruiting in late fall.
- Winter CareNone special.
- Additional InformationHarvest fruit when it is 80-90% ripe. Self pollinating. May take plants up to the third year to bear fruit.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsSet plant at same level it is growing at in the container. Firm soil and water thoroughly.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2019 Spring Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-4B||4/29/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A-6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A-7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A-8B||2/18/19 - 5/24/19|
|9A-10B||2/11/19 - 5/24/19|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 17th, 2019
Zones 8-10: May 20th, 2019
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.