Golden Lights Hardy Azalea
Can Survive the Coldest of Days
We ship this item in Spring
- SKU: 62342
- Zones: 3-7
- Height: 36 - 72 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Late spring to early summer.
Packed 1 per offer
Golden Lights Hardy Azalea
- Botanical NameRhododendron 'Golden Lights'
- Ships As2" POT
- Height36 - 72 inches
- Spacing5 - 6 feet
- Spread36 - 72 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Shade, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionyellow
- Foliage TypeOvate, dark green foliage in the summer, followed by a variable bronze-red fall color. Deciduous in winter.
- Bloom TimeLate spring to early summer.
- Flower FormOpen, funnel-shaped flowers, up to 1 1/2" across, appear in trusses of up to 12.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, humus enriched, acidic soil 4.0 to 5.5 pH..
- Growth RateMedium
- PruningPrune to shape and to remove dead and broken branches. After flowering, before new flower buds form in midsummer.
- Winter CareShallow fibrous root system should be mulched for each winter season.
- Additional InformationDeveloped and released from the University of Minnesota Landscape Arboretum 1986. Be careful when digging and hoeing around the base of azaleas because of the shallow root system.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPerforms best in partial to full shade woodland setting. Plant 2-3" deep and approximately 3-5" apart.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2019 Spring Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-4B||4/29/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A-6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A-7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A-8B||2/18/19 - 5/24/19|
|9A-10B||2/11/19 - 5/24/19|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 17th, 2019
Zones 8-10: May 20th, 2019
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.