Golden Lights Hardy Azalea
Can Survive the Coldest of Days
- SKU: 62342
- Zones: 3-7
- Height: 36 - 72 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Late spring to early summer.
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Golden Lights Hardy Azalea
- Botanical NameRhododendron 'Golden Lights'
- Ships As2" POT
- Height36 - 72 inches
- Spacing5 - 6 feet
- Spread36 - 72 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Shade, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionyellow
- Foliage TypeOvate, dark green foliage in the summer, followed by a variable bronze-red fall color. Deciduous in winter.
- Bloom TimeLate spring to early summer.
- Flower FormOpen, funnel-shaped flowers, up to 1 1/2" across, appear in trusses of up to 12.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, humus enriched, acidic soil 4.0 to 5.5 pH..
- Growth RateMedium
- PruningPrune to shape and to remove dead and broken branches. After flowering, before new flower buds form in midsummer.
- Winter CareShallow fibrous root system should be mulched for each winter season.
- Additional InformationDeveloped and released from the University of Minnesota Landscape Arboretum 1986. Be careful when digging and hoeing around the base of azaleas because of the shallow root system.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPerforms best in partial to full shade woodland setting. Plant 2-3" deep and approximately 3-5" apart.
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|6A & 6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 18th
Zones 8-10: May 21st
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|