The Perfect Fragrant Shrub for Lining Walkways
We ship this item in Spring
- SKU: 75233
- Zones: 6-10
- Height: 5 - 7 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Late summer through fall
Packed 1 per offer
- Botanical NameOsmanthus Heterophyllus 'Goshiki'
- Ships As5" POT
- Height5 - 7 feet
- Spread4 - 5 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionwhite
- Foliage TypeThe leaves of the goshiki are a variegated green and white with bits of pink and cream occasionally found. The branches are thorned.
- Bloom TimeLate summer through fall
- Flower FormSmall, four petaled blooms with a few stamens poking out of the center. These flowers appear all over the goshiki.
- Soil RequirementsMaintain evenly moist soil around the goshiki.
- Growth RateSlow
- PruningPrune away any brown leaves as they appear. Avoid cutting into its thick woody stems. Prune into shape in the early spring before new growth appears as desired.
- Winter CareHave it well-watered before winter begins. Leaves will brown by the end but they can be trimmed off.
- Additional InformationThe goshiki has thorns. Handle with care.
- State RestrictionsAE AK AZ GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPlant the goshiki in a hole larger than the pot it arrived in. Make sure that the soil level remains the same. Mix in other soils if necessary while planting the goshiki.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2019 Spring Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-4B||4/29/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A-6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A-7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A-8B||2/18/19 - 5/31/19|
|9A-10B||2/11/19 - 5/31/19|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 17th, 2019
Zones 8-10: May 27th, 2019
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.