Hershey's Red Azalea
Blooms in Abundance
- SKU: 74324
- Zones: 6-9
- Height: 4 - 6 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Mid spring
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Hershey's Red Azalea
- Botanical NameRhododendron kurume 'Hershey's Red'
- Ships As1 GALLON POT
- Height4 - 6 feet
- Spacing4 - 6 feet
- Spread4 - 6 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionred
- Foliage TypeEvergreen, elliptic, healthy-looking, dark green foliage.
- Bloom TimeMid spring
- Flower FormBroadleaf
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, organically rich, moisture retentive acidic soil.
- Growth RateModerate.
- PruningRemove spent flowers as soon as possible to prevent wasted energy on seed production. After flowering. Prune after blooming to shape. Do not prune during winter as next year's flowers will be removed
- Winter CareApply mulch to conserve soil moisture. Protect from strong winter wind and intense sun.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsSelect a location protected from strong winds. Partial shade is best. Set the plant at the same level it is growing at in the container. Firm soil well and water thoroughly.
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|6A & 6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 18th
Zones 8-10: May 21st
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|