Kelvin Floodlight Dahlia
Impressive blooms?... this is the one
We ship this item in Spring
- SKU: 72543
- Zones: 4-9
- Height: 36 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: July - October
Send me an email when this item is available
Packed 1 per offer
Kelvin Floodlight Dahlia
- Botanical NameDahlia decorative 'Kelvin Floodlight'
- Ships AsNO. 1 TUBER
- Lift In Fall4, 5, 6
- Height36 inches
- Spacing24 - 30 inches
- Spread24 - 30 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionyellow
- Foliage TypeMid green, pinnate leaves with ovate leaflets.
- Bloom TimeJuly - October
- Flower FormFully double blooms approximately 8 - 10" across.
- Soil RequirementsSandy well drained soil. Will tolerate a wide range of soils except heavy clay.
- Growth RateModerate to fast.
- PruningRemove spent flower heads to encourage more blooms and create a more bushy plant.
- Winter CareDahlias are not hardy. They must be dug up in fall and stored in a frost free location in areas that go below 35 degrees F in winter.
- Additional InformationSnip off side buds to get the largest central blooms. Provide a low nitrogen fertilizer. Avoid compost and high nitrogen water soluble fertilizers, they weaken stems and stunt bloom development.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPlant tubers with sprouts 1 - 2" below the soil surface. Full sun for best flowering.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2019 Spring Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-4B||4/29/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A-6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A-7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A-8B||2/18/19 - 5/31/19|
|9A-10B||2/11/19 - 5/31/19|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 17th, 2019
Zones 8-10: May 27th, 2019
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.