Key Lime Citrus Tree
A Taste of the Tropics
- SKU: 70722
- Zones: 9-10
- Height: 4 - 6 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun
- Bloom Time: Seasonal bloomer - may harvest in summer
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Key Lime Citrus Tree
- Botanical NameCitrus aurantifolia
- Ships As2" POT
- Height4 - 6 feet
- Spacing4 - 6 feet
- Spread4 - 6 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Color Descriptionyellow
- Foliage TypeOvate leaves
- Bloom TimeSeasonal bloomer - may harvest in summer
- Flower Form1 inch in diameter. Fruit is spherical fruit 1-2 inches in diameter that is yellow when ripe but can be picked green.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soils.
- Growth RateSlow
- PruningNo pruning needed.
- Winter CareWinter hardy zones 9-11. Northern zones plant in a container as a houseplant. Set container outdoors in late spring in full sun. Indoor plants will bear fruit in the spring.
- Additional InformationFruit production is at its peak in late autumn to early winter in cooler climates.
- State RestrictionsAE AK AZ CA FL GU HI LA PR SC TX
- Planting InstructionsSet place at same level it is growing at in the container. Firm soil and water thoroughly. Vigorous grower that requires good fertilization practices and ample amounts of water to produce fruit year around.
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
2018 Fall Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-6B||9/4/18 - 11/02/18|
|7A-10B||9/4/18 - 11/16/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-6: 10/29/2018
Zones 7-10: 11/12/2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|