Flowers Later for Less Frost Risk
We ship this item in Spring
- SKU: 66350
- Zones: 4-8
- Height: 10 - 15 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Mid spring.
Send me an email when this item is available
Packed 1 per offer
- Botanical NameMagnolia 'Jane'
- Ships As2-3' BAREROOT
- Height10 - 15 feet
- Spacing10 - 12 feet
- Spread8 - 12 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionpurple
- Foliage TypeOvate, medium green, leathery leaves, up to 6" (15 cm) long. Leaves turn yellow in fall before dropping for winter.
- Bloom TimeMid spring.
- Flower Form7-9" (18-23 cm), cup-shaped, tuliplike flowers.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, organically-rich, acidic, moisture-retentive soil.
- Growth RateSlow
- PruningPrune to desired shape and to remove dead and broken branches. After flowering.
- Winter CareApply a winter mulch, after the ground freezes, for its first winter. Remove the mulch in early spring, before new growth emerges.
- Additional InformationDeveloped at the National Arboretum by Dr. Francis DeVos and William Kosar. Introduced in 1965.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsSelect a location protected from high winds.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
|ZONE||Trees > 24"|
|1A-4B||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B-6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A & 7B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A-10B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 17, 2019
Zones 8-10: June 17, 2019
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.