Mary Poppins Hardy Azalea
- SKU: 65201
- Zones: 5-8
- Height: 4 - 5 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Late spring to early summer
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Mary Poppins Hardy Azalea
- Botanical NameRhododendron 'Mary Poppins'
- Ships As2" POT
- Height4 - 5 feet
- Spacing4 - 5 feet
- Spread4 - 5 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Shade, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionorange
- Foliage TypeDark green foliage with a hint of red in summer, followed by variable red fall color. Deciduous in winter.
- Bloom TimeLate spring to early summer
- Flower Form1 1/2" flowers in trusses of up to 30 of trumpet shaped blooms.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained, humus enriched, acidic soil, 4.5 - 6.5 pH.
- Growth RateMedium
- PruningTo shape and remove dead wood. After flowering and before new flower buds form in midsummer.
- Winter CareShallow fibrous root system should be mulched for each winter season.
- Additional InformationFertilize after blooming with an acidic fertilizer for best growth.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsAvoid windy areas and south facing walls where reflective heat and light could be too intense and damaging.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
|1A-4B||5/7/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|6A||3/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/18/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/18/18|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 18th
Zones 8-10: May 14th
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.