Minuet Mountain Laurel
Intricate, Bright Blooms
We ship this item in Fall
- SKU: 62244
- Zones: 5-9
- Height: 30 - 36 inches
- Shade Requirement: Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Late spring to early summer.
Send me an email when this item is available
Packed 1 per offer
Minuet Mountain Laurel
- Botanical NameKalmia latifolia 'Minuet'
- Ships As1 GALLON
- Height30 - 36 inches
- Spacing36 - 48 inches
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Light RequirementsPartial Shade
- Color Descriptionred
- Foliage TypeEvergreen, alternate, oval to elliptic, lance-shaped, dark green, lustrous foliage, up to 5" long.
- Bloom TimeLate spring to early summer.
- Flower FormLarge clusters, 3-4" across, of 1/2 - 3/4" cup-shaped or saucer-shaped crimped flowers.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, moisture retentive, cool soil. Do not allow to dry out.
- Growth RateSlow
- PruningPrune to maintain desired shape and to remove dead or broken branches. After flowering.
- Winter CareApply organic mulch to maintain soil moisture.
- Additional InformationKalmias are a great addition to a woodland or shade garden. Becomes more drought tolerant and resistant to heat and humidity as it matures.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsMore sun than shade will result in more flowers. Apply mulch to conserve moisture. Set plant at the same level it is growing at in the container. Firm soil well and water thoroughly.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2019 Fall Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-6B||9/9/19 - 11/1/19|
|7A-10B||9/9/19 - 11/15/19|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-6: 10/28/19
Zones 7-10: 11/11/19
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.