Mixed Hardy Ground Orchids
One of the Easiest Orchids to Grow!
- SKU: 04984
- Zones: 5-9
- Height: 18 - 20 inches
- Shade Requirement: Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Late spring to early summer
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 3Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Mixed Hardy Ground Orchids
- Botanical NameBletilla striata Mixed
- Ships AsNO. 1 BAREROOT
- Height18 - 20 inches
- Spacing12 - 15 inches
- Spread12 - 15 inches
- Light RequirementsPartial Shade
- Color Descriptionmixed
- Foliage Type3-5 linear, pleated, papery-textured, sword-shaped, pale green leaves to 12" long.
- Bloom TimeLate spring to early summer
- Flower FormSmall, cattleya-like, flowers to 1.5" long in 3-7 flowered racemes atop naked scapes typically rising to 20" tall.
- Soil RequirementsOrganically-rich, medium-moisture, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate
- PruningNo pruning needed.
- Winter CareNo winter care neeeded.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPlant corm-like pseudobulbs to 4" deep in spring.
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
|1A-4B||5/7/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/8/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/8/18|
|6A||3/12/18 - 6/8/18|
|6B||3/5/18 - 6/8/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/8/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/18/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/18/18|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 4th
Zones 8-10: May 14th
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|