Orange Bird Of Paradise
Brilliant Blooms Reminiscent of a Bird's Head
- SKU: 69162
- Zones: 10-11
- Height: 36 - 48 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Seasonal Bloomer
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Orange Bird Of Paradise
- Botanical NameStrelitzia reginae
- Ships As2" POT
- Height36 - 48 inches
- Spacing36 - 48 inches
- Spread36 - 48 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Foliage TypeGrey-green banana-like leaves grow about 3 1/2 to 4 feet high.
- Bloom TimeSeasonal Bloomer
- Flower FormThe spathe is a hard beak-like sheath from which the flower emerges. It is a right angle to the stem, which gives the appearance of a bird's head. The flowers emerge one at a time from the spathe.
- Soil RequirementsRich loamy soil and plenty of water. Once established, it is very tolerant and will thrive in most soils with very little water.
- Growth RateSlow.
- Winter CareWinter hardy to zones 10 to 12. In cold climates grow them in pots that can be moved indoors when freezing temperatures are expected.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsIn house or greenhouse, grow in large containers with soil-based potting mix. Outdoors, grow in fertile, moist but well drained soil in full sun to partial shade with shelter from strong winds.
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
|1A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|7A-10B||4/2/18 - 6/8/18|
|Last Order Date||June 4th|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|