The Problem Solver
We ship this item in Fall
- SKU: 77131
- Zones: 3-9
- Height: 24 - 30 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Mid to late summer.
- Ships As: NO. 1 BAREROOT
- Cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI PR
Packed 5 per offer
- Botanical NameHemerocallis fulva
- Ships AsNO. 1 BAREROOT
- Height24 - 30 inches
- Spacing24 - 30 inches
- Spread24 - 30 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionorange
- Foliage TypeGrass-like, long, linear, thick, green foliage.
- Bloom TimeMid to late summer.
- Flower FormUp to 5" double trumpet blooms with light ruffling.
- Soil RequirementsAdaptable to a wide range of soils, except over wet types.
- Growth RateModerate to fast.
- PruningRemove spent flower stems to keep the plant clean and tidy, after flowering.
- Winter CareApply mulch the first winter to prevent heaving of plants from the ground due to alternate freezing and thawing temperatures. Foliage is dormant in winter.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsGive this strong grower plenty of space in the landscape. Dig a hole deep and wide enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Firm soil and water thoroughly.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2019 Fall Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-6B||9/9/19 - 11/1/19|
|7A-10B||9/9/19 - 11/15/19|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-6: 10/28/19
Zones 7-10: 11/11/19
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.