Paul's Glory Hosta
Leaf Color Changes with the Seasons
We ship this item in Fall
- SKU: 70614
- Zones: 3-9
- Height: 25 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Early to mid summer
- Ships As: 2-3 EYE BAREROOT
- Cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI PR
Send me an email when this item is available
Packed 1 per offer
Paul's Glory Hosta
- Botanical NameHosta 'Paul's Glory'
- Ships As2-3 EYE BAREROOT
- Height25 inches
- Spacing36 inches
- Spread4.6 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Shade, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionpurple
- Foliage TypeIn spring leaves have blue-green margins and chartreuse centers. In summer margins turn dark green and centers become bright gold. Ovate leaves are corrugated. Making them more slug resistant.
- Bloom TimeEarly to mid summer
- Flower FormPale lavender, bell-shaped flowers appear on 40" scapes in midsummer.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained, humus rich garden soil.
- Growth RateMedium
- PruningHostas propagate through division. Division should have at least 3 eyes, allow plants to mature for several years before being divided.
- Winter CareMulch to prevent heaving.
- Additional InformationAmerican Hosta Growers' Association Hosta of the Year 1999. Royal Horticultural Society's Award of Garden Merit 2012.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Work soil around the roots, firm well and water thoroughly. Plant with the eyes just below the soil.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2019 Fall Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-6B||9/9/19 - 11/1/19|
|7A-10B||9/9/19 - 11/15/19|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-6: 10/28/19
Zones 7-10: 11/11/19
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.