Rainbow Butterfly Bush
- SKU: 65364
- Zones: 5-9
- Height: 6 - 10 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun
- Bloom Time: Mid summer to fall.
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Rainbow Butterfly Bush
- Botanical NameBuddleia davidii 'Bicolor'
- Ships As3" POT
- Height6 - 10 feet
- Spacing6 - 10 feet
- Spread6 - 8 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Color Descriptionorange, yellow
- Foliage TypeDark green, lanceolate leaves 4-10" long, white and glabrous beneath.
- Bloom TimeMid summer to fall.
- Flower FormLong terminal panicles up to 10" long of a masse of tiny star-like flowers.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained, humus enriched soil.
- Growth RateFast once established, which takes approximately 6-8 weeks.
- PruningCut back all flowering stems close to the base (down to 12-15") in early spring. Early spring, as new growth begins.
- Winter CareMulch in colder climates, remove in early spring before growth starts.
- Additional InformationIn northern climates Buddleias behave like herbaceous perennials with the top growth dying back in winter. Prune back to new growth in the spring. In southern climates, prune to shape.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI OR PR WA
- Planting InstructionsLoosen the soil, dig a hole twice the diameter of the plant container.
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
2018 Fall Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-6B||9/4/18 - 11/02/18|
|7A-10B||9/4/18 - 11/16/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-6: 10/29/2018
Zones 7-10: 11/12/2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|