Ruby Giant Coneflower
Blooms up to 7" Across
- SKU: 70763
- Zones: 3-8
- Height: 30 - 35 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun
- Bloom Time: Midsummer to early fall
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Ruby Giant Coneflower
- Botanical NameEchinacea purpurea 'Ruby Giant'
- Ships As2" POT
- Height30 - 35 inches
- Spacing25 inches
- Spread24 - 30 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Color Descriptionpink
- Foliage TypeRich green, Lanceolate to ovate, 3" long
- Bloom TimeMidsummer to early fall
- Flower FormHuge 7" wide blooms of ruby pink with recurved ray petals. The central cone is coppery-orange and flattened.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained
- Growth RateMedium
- PruningRemove spent flower stems to encourage repeat blooming. Can leave spent blooms on the plant in the fall because the seeds will provide food for finches and other birds.
- Winter CareNo winter care needed.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsSet plant at same level it is growing at in the container. Firm soil and water thoroughly.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
|1A-4B||5/7/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|6A||3/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/18/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/18/18|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 18th
Zones 8-10: May 14th
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.