Unique Beauty & Sensational Scent!
- SKU: 67118
- Zones: 4-7
- Height: 10 - 12 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun
- Bloom Time: Early to mid spring.
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
- Botanical NameSyringa vulgaris 'Sensation'
- Ships As2" POT
- Height10 - 12 feet
- Spacing6 feet
- Spread6 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Color Descriptionpurple
- Foliage TypeSlightly bluish-green, glabrous, heart shaped leaves 4" - 5" long.
- Bloom TimeEarly to mid spring.
- Flower FormEnormous, tall, trusses 8" - 10" + of single flowers.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained, humus enriched.
- Growth RateMedium
- PruningOnly to maintain shape. Lilacs can easily be trimmed to a shorter height. After flowering
- Winter CareNone, except to mulch the first winter if fall planted.
- Additional InformationIt improves the looks of the plant to remove spent flower heads
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsSet at same soil level as in container, firm and water well.
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
2018 Fall Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-6B||9/4/18 - 11/02/18|
|7A-10B||9/4/18 - 11/16/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-6: 10/29/2018
Zones 7-10: 11/12/2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|